Transformation is imperative.
Our country needs an economy that can meet the needs of all our economic citizens – our people and their enterprises – in a sustainable manner. This will only be possible if our economy builds on the full potential of all persons and communities across the length and breadth of this country. Government’s objective is to achieve this vision of an adaptive economy characterised by growth, employment and equity by 2014.
8th Man’s dedication is based on this principle and has special focus on the following:
- Skills Development
- Employment Equity
- Enterprise Development
- Socio-Economic Development
8th Man’s BBBEE strategy is an ongoing initiative and our goal is to attain the highest rating by supporting the correct initiatives , but for the right reasons.
Summary on Work Readiness Programme Workshops
University of Pretoria: Final Year Students – September 2013
The WRP is an incisive, just-in-time interactive workshop that delivers specific work-related soft skills that job seekers, including final year university students need in order to successfully navigate interviews and succeed as first time job seekers. It increases their chances of gaining employment and equips them with entry level skills to sustain employment in any business sector.
The workshops were organized in conjunction with the University of Pretoria’s Graduate Career Office for 20 Final Year students who were then presented with Certificate of Attendance at the end of the workshops. The cost of the workshops was funded by 8th Man Consulting.
Workshop Evaluation by students:
The comments below are a summary of what the students said of the workshops:
- “I have an interview on the 17th of September and this has opened my mind and prepared me well because I had not known where to start. I am very grateful. Thank you very much for your time, I am very pleased”.
- “What was taught is reality and very beneficial to a fresh graduate who is job seeking”
- “It polished my presentation and interviewing skills”
- “I learned a lot from the Trainers and was surprised how well they can predict the outcome. They are very friendly and professional and the session was enjoyable as well as informative. Thank you very much”
Success Email from one of the Students
“Good news! We made it. I received an email from the firm RSM Betty and Dickson offering me the contract after the interview yesterday. I am so happy and it’s all because of you. Thank you very much again I really appreciate.”